Classes of License Suspensions in Ohio
How Long Will My Suspension Last?
Ohio has devised a “CLASS” suspension system setting forth the lengths of time a person can be without a license. The classifications can be found at R.C. 4510.02 (A) (Court Suspensions; denoted by numbers) and R.C. 4510.02(B)(BMV Suspensions; denoted by letters). It is advisable that you speak with your attorney as many courts offer programs (at little or no cost) that help you get valid. Below are the lengths of the various suspensions as set forth in the Ohio Revised Code:
- Class 1: Lifetime
- Class 2: 3yrs to life
- Class 3: 2 – 10yrs
- Class 4: 1 – 5yrs
- Class 5: 6mos. – 3yrs.
- Class 6: 3mos – 2yrs.
- Class 7: “a definite period” – 1yr
BMV SUSPENSIONS (Note: all for a fixed length)
- Class A: 3 yrs
- Class B: 2 yrs
- Class C: 1 yr
- Class D: 6 mos
- Class E: 3 mos
- Class F: until conditions are met
If you are having trouble with a license suspension as part of your Ohio OVI arrest, contact attorney Charles M. Rowland II to discuss how to get your license back. (937) 318-1DUI (318-1384); 1-888-ROWLAND (888-769-5263); by texting DaytonDUI (one word) to 50500; on Facebook at Ohio DUI/OVI Defense or on Twitter @DaytonDUI. You can also visit www.DaytonDUI.com or www.OhioDUIdefense.com.
- Top Ten Rules for Partying in Ohio (daytondui.com)
- Motorcycles and DUI in Ohio (daytondui.com)
- Beavercreek DUI Attorney (daytondui.com)
- Reckless Operation in Ohio (daytondui.com)
- Assured Clear Distance, R.C. 4511.21(A) (daytondui.com)
- Protecting Your Ohio Driver’s License After Your OVI Case (daytondui.com)