Driving Privileges: How to get and keep them!
HOW DO I GET DRIVING PRIVILEGES IN MY OHIO OVI CASE?
1. Bring in or send us your proof of insurance. This can be a card, or the declaration page of your insurance policy.
• Is your name on the card?
• Does your insurance cover the incident date?
• Is this your first offense? If not an SR-22 bond may be required prior to getting your privileges.
• Contact us at 937-879-9542, or by fax at 937-879-0232,or by emailing our administrative staff at email@example.com.
• Depending on the court you will be permitted up to 60 hours per week (TO, FROM AND DURING) work, school, parenting time, medical and/or treatment appointments.
2. Bring in a letter from your employer on company letterhead stating your work hours. It should state your days worked and hours worked.
• If you don’t want your employer to know of your arrest, please a pay stub will usually suffice. (Carefully review your company policy as you may be required to disclose an arrest for insurance purposes)
• If you are self-employed and/or have a variable schedule prepare a two-week schedule that we can use to obtain privileges. Get with us every time you need an update.
• If you need to travel, contact us to get permission to drive to the destination and/or the airport. We can also help you get a temporary Ohio identification for travel purposes.
• At Brown, Rowland, Babb & Campbell we work for you! Let us help you through this difficult time. Call 937-318-1DUI (318-1384), 1-888-ROWLAND (888-769-5263) or 24 hours a day at 937-776-2671.
We will promptly submit your privilege request. Different courts have different procedures that may require you to pay a filing fee (Kettering $85), appear in person to apply (Miamisburg/Dayton) or appearin person to pick up your privileges (or other requirements). Some courts are quicker in turning our requests into your privileges. It is important that you have some patience and stay in contact with our office. We are here to help you.
YOU MAY RECEIVE A LETTER FROM THE OHIO BMV STATING THAT YOU OWE A $475.00 REINSTATEMENT FEE. DO NOT PAY THIS BILL UNTIL YOU SPEAK TO US. WE WILL TRY TO GET THIS FEE WAIVED.