DUI Patrols Increased For Thanksgiving in Clark and Montgomery Counties
A grant from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration will allow law enforcement agencies in Clark, Butler and Montgomery Counties to increase DUI/OVI patrols over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. The Springfield Police Division and the Clark County Sheriff’s Office will use 48 overtime hours through Sunday targeting drivers under the influence. The Butler County Sheriff’s Office will increase patrols by up to 150 overtime hours during the same time frame. Carlene Maynes, coordinator of the Montgomery County OVI Task Force, said 18 agencies, including the Dayton Police Department, are partnering for an OVI checkpoint Wednesday evening. From Wednesday to Sunday, Maynes said about 275 overtime hours will be worked by the agencies. Clark County will also be conducting an OVI checkpoint in conjunction with the Ohio State Highway Patrol on Wednesday. Barring a dramatic upswing, Ohio is on track for another safety record with fewer than 1,000 fatalities – down from 1,300 in 2005. See a report from the Springfield New Sun HERE.
DUI attorney Charles M. Rowland II dedicates his practice to defending the accused drunk driver throughout Ohio. He has the credentials and the experience to win your case and has made himself the Miami Valley’s choice for DUI defense. Contact Charles Rowland by phone at 937-318-1DUI (937-318-1384), 937-879-9542, or toll-free at 1-888-ROWLAND (888-769-5263). For after-hours help contact our 24/7 DUI HOTLINE at 937-776-2671. For information about Dayton DUI sent directly to your mobile device, text DaytonDUI (one word) to 50500. Follow DaytonDUI on Twitter @DaytonDUI or Get Twitter updates via SMS by texting DaytonDUI to 40404. DaytonDUI is also available on Facebook and on the DaytonDUI channel on YouTube. You can also email Charles Rowland at:CharlesRowland@DaytonDUI.com or write to us at 2190 Gateway Dr., Fairborn, Ohio 45324.
- Arrested for DUI in Xenia or Bellbrook? (daytondui.com)
- Logan County, Ohio and Union County, Ohio Thanksgiving DUI Initiative (daytondui.com)
- DUI Video Explains Ohio State Highway Patrol Procedures (daytondui.com)
- MADD Calls For No Refusal Weekends and Interlock Devices (daytondui.com)
- DaytonDUI Provides Free Text Alert Service (Sign Up!) (daytondui.com)
- Greene County Courts (An Overview) (daytondui.com)
- Arrested for OVI in Springfield, Ohio? (daytondui.com)
- Dayton’s DUI Task Force Announces “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” (daytondui.com)