Ohio’s High School Drop Out Suspension
Pursuant to the Ohio High School Drop Out Suspension, the Ohio BMV can suspend the license of a person under the age of 18 if a School Superintendent notifies the BMV of unauthorized withdrawal from school, or habitual absence without legitimate excuse, or suspension for use or possession of alcohol or drugs of abuse.
Suspension Shall be Terminated if
- Subject is at least 18 years old.
- Subject provides evidence of a high school diploma or general education development certificate (G.E.D.) of high school equivalence.
- Superintendent of school district informs the Registrar subject was suspended in error.
- Superintendent informs the Registrar that subject has satisfied terms or conditions necessary to terminate the suspension or denial of driving privileges.
- Superintendent of a school district informs Registrar that subject is now attending, or enrolled in and attending, an approved program to obtain a diploma or its equivalent.
- Subject filed a petition in court and court finds subject showed error in action taken by the Registrar.
- Additionally, a reinstatement fee will be required if the suspension notice was mailed on or after 10/01/97
Students who are so suspended have a right to appeal the High School Drop Out Suspension determination by doing the following:
- Subject may file a petition in the juvenile court in the jurisdiction of his/her residence. Scope of hearing is to determine:
- If notice given by Superintendent to the Registrar was in error.
- Whether the suspension or denial of driving privileges will result in substantial hardship to subject.
Dayton DUI Attorney Charles M. Rowland II dedicates his practice to defending the accused drunk driver in the Miami Valley and throughout Ohio. He has the credentials and the experience to win your case and has made himself Dayton’s choice for drunk driving defense. Contact Charles Rowland by phone at (937) 318-1384 or toll-free at 1-888-ROWLAND (888-769-5263). If you need assistance after hours, call the 24/7 DUI Hotline at (937) 776-2671. You can have Dayton DUI at your fingertips by downloading the DaytonDUI Android App or have DaytonDUI sent directly to your mobile device by texting DaytonDUI (one word) to 50500. Follow DaytonDUI on Facebook, @DaytonDUI on Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, Pheed and Pintrest or get RSS of the Ohio DUI blog. “All I do is DUI defense.”
For more information on the High School Drop Out Suspension, check these city-specific sites at the following links:
Keyword: High School Drop Out Suspension